URBAN EARTH

urban adventures to (re)present our habitat

This discussion has now turned into a new Urban Earth open expedition. To find out more and to get involved click here. Happy exploring!

What do you think about this as an idea for a potential project. 

1. Pick an urban area to explore
  2. Go on 1km walk
  3. Take 100 photos, 1 every 10 metres

The photos are then shared and we make a collaborative film that zooms through all the urban areas  photographed... maybe as many as 100 cities. Our aim would be to record as many urban areas as we can.

Who would be up for this?

Tags: Urban100

Views: 527

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dan,

I'm definitely up for this! I have already tried this in my home town... although it's a very insignificant place! Would love to do this somewhere more exciting :)

Carrie

Come on... no where is "insignificant"! The great thing about this idea is that a few of us could do this in very different places... got any hols planned??

Caroline Room said:

Hi Dan,

I'm definitely up for this! I have already tried this in my home town... although it's a very insignificant place! Would love to do this somewhere more exciting :)

Carrie

I would love to get involved. I live in Birmingham!

Jessica

Excellent. I'm thinking a big walk across Birmingham is in order during 2013 too..??

Certainly want to have a go at this through Bristol - or perhaps my own llittle bit of East Bristol. Must get some batteries for my camera...

OK - loads of interest on Twitter so I'll make up a page of instructions. Excellent stuff.

Hi, Dan

I would like to complete one for urban Ashford. I did a rural one in 2010 here http://pannage.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/great-chart-with-singleton-so...

Cheers, Angus

I still want to do this for Regents' Canal but would that mean I have to reduce it to just a 1km stretch of the canal?

And we have a an #Urban100 open expedition! RSVP your involvement here:

http://urbanearth.ning.com/events/urban100

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Express

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Blog Posts

The Crystal

Posted by Polly Thompson on February 4, 2014 at 7:40

New year...

Posted by Polly Thompson on January 7, 2014 at 15:27

Urban all around me....

Posted by Polly Thompson on January 14, 2013 at 13:00

The Geography Collective

Urban Earth is a guerrilla geography project by The Geography Collective. Follow us on Twitter @GeoCollective.

Mission:Explore

Have you seen our other site for explorers?

www.missionexplore.net

© 2014   Created by Daniel Raven-Ellison.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service